The Gerrards Cross Community Association (GXCA) is home to clubs, societies, adult education, a youth centre and leisure facilities. Rooms can be booked for a variety of social functions (clubs, parties, weddings etc.) and for business meetings. The Gerrrards Cross Communiy Association was formed in 1947 in order to promote the well–being of the local community and ‘to advance education, to provide a meeting place….for recreation and social, moral, spiritual and intellectual development and to foster a community spirit’ by making available accommodation for clubs and societies, sponsoring new activities and running educational classes in partnership with Buckinghamshire County Council and other adult education providers. The Association is a charity, financed from subscriptions, rentals and various fund-raising activities run throughout the year, including the February Attic Sale and the Jumble Sale in September.
The main buildings on the site, set in grounds overlooking the Common and with car parking for more than one hundred vehicles, were erected or purchased and adapted, as living war memorials for those lost in the First and Second World Wars. The building next to the tennis courts was purchased by public subscription as a memorial to the fallen of the First World War and the main building, built circa 1750, was acquired from the Church of England, whose vicarage it once was, as a memorial to those of the Parish who were killed in the Second World War.
The Memorial Centre now accommodates many special interest clubs, is host to public and private social events and offers a wide range of adult education classes.
There is on-site car parking for more than 100 vehicles.
Meet the Team
The Executive Committee 2019-2020
Penny Clinch (President)
Richard Stone (Chairman)
Tony Aston ( Hon Treasurer)
Chris Brown (Vice Chairman)
Richard Vincent Smith
Life Vice Presidents
Trustees of World War I and World War II Buildings
Director of Services
Weddings and Events Coordinator
Bookings and Memberships Coordinator
All of the above can be contacted via the office (01753 883759), or using the contact form.